Saturday, October 17, 2015

Recycling: Never throw away anything...

This post goes out to everyone that recycles regularly.  I can't tell you how helpful it has been in this start up business to recycle our daily goods.

I save everything, much to the chagrin of my husband, who is a minimalist. If there is a bottle or jar that can be reused, I keep it.  I used to save everything to reuse for crafts, but I have been trying really hard to cut back since we downsized after our kids flew the nest.

However, there are still a few things that I can find another use for...

PREGO JARS: Or any other jar. I use these for mixing, storing candle wax, storing dry shampoo mix,  making witch hazel infusion. There are a multitude of things one can do with jars!! The problem is finding space for all the jars.

TIN CANS:  Cover with fabric and use as pencil holder.

PLASTIC BAGS:  Are great "Picking Up Poop" bags. No need to buy rolls of plastic baggies at the pet store.  Just use your plastic grocery bags!

PAPER BAGS:  Are great for putting your recyclables in to take to the recycle bin!

BOXES: I never throw away boxes since I'll be bound to need one sooner than later. Amazon loves to send me items in as many boxes as possible, so I have a huge collection.

USED SHAMPOO BOTTLES:  Keepers for storing your homemade natural shampoo, conditioner, or lotion.

USED SOAP BOTTLES: Make more soap and fill up those old bottles!

OLD T-SHIRTS:  Don't toss them! Use them for rags or make T-shirt yarn from them!



Made from tee shirt yarn. Great dog toy and great use of old tee shirts!!


No comments:

Post a Comment